In the modern age, where cheap flights and budget airlines dominate the way in which we travel, companies like Widerøe are driving change within the air-travel biosphere, offering a friendly, simple and top quality service to its customers.
Who are Widerøe?
Widerøe is a Norwegian airline that operates flights across Europe and Scandinavia. It acts as the largest airline within the region, operating flights to 41 domestic locations for over 2.8 million passengers annually and employing over 3000 staff.
Where do they travel?
Widerøe now services a number of UK airports including Aberdeen, Liverpool and London Stansted… and this is only set to grow!
Why should you travel with them?
Widely recognised as an airline that offers a no-nonsense approach, you’ll find the service to be friendly and efficient, regardless of destination. This means you’ll receive a more simple approach with the finer details taken care of. In addition, with a large portion of the fleet being propeller planes, less fuel is burnt which leaves a smaller mark on the environment.
Whether you’re off on your family holiday or a quick business trip, Widerøe offers its travellers a variety of different ticket types. From ‘full flex’ tickets that allows you to change to any other flight on the same route (dependant on seat availability) to ‘economy light’ which offers travellers with no need for checked baggage or extra services the cheapest price possible – the choice is yours!
Ultimately, you should travel with Widerøe because the end result is an enjoyable service with a Norwegian twist. There are also free chocolates on board – what’s not to love about that?
As Widerøe goes from strength to strength in the UK market and, with routes in and out of the UK continue to grow, why not check them out for your next trip? www.wideroe.no
- Do I need a visa for Norway?Although Norway isn’t a part of the EU, if you’re travelling from the UK, you won’t need a visa to visit the country.
- What currency is used?The Norwegian Krone is the currency in Norway.
- Is Norway a safe place to travel?It’s widely recognised that Norway is one of the safest places to travel in the world. Crime rates are also extremely low, even in the country’s major cities.
- How much daylight will there be?This is dependent upon where you travel in the country, as well as the time of year you travel. Based at TrollAktiv in Southern Norway, you’ll experience longer days in summer and shorter days in winter.
- When is the best time of year to visit Norway?This depends what you are travelling for! If you’re after adventure in the form of water sports, BMXing, abseiling, zip wires and fishing, then the summer is your answer. However, the winter provides a special kind of experience with snowshoeing, igloo building, cross country skiing and winter survival days on offer.