Team member Sarah recently went out to Switzerland to meet suppliers, visit accommodation and generally learn as much as possible about Switzerland! Here’s her take on the trip…
Having been to Adelboden as a Guide myself when I was 11, it was great to come back and see it with different eyes. The weather was fantastic, the scenery was simply stunning and meeting a number of our suppliers was very useful – being able to picture what you’re talking about always helps.
I crammed a lot into my five day trip but here are some of my particular highlights:
- Enjoying the scenery on the train journey from Geneva to Adelboden.
- Hearing cow bells clanging whilst walking around Adelboden – I particularly liked that some of the chalets Venture Abroad use have cows right outside them!
- Seeing the visitors map at Our Chalet – so many pins from around the world have been added since January.
- Walking to the famous Trummer Woodcarver via the Cholerenschlucht Gorge.
- Whizzing down the 300m zipline and abseiling off a bridge at the Alpinschule Adelboden.
- Having a guided tour of KISC, and picturing what a huge campfire must look like during the summer.
- Taking the cable car up the mountain and walking to the Oeschinensee Lake above Kandersteg – definitely the bluest lake I’ve ever seen, even when the sun was still rising.
- Visiting Oberhofen Castle, including the very colourful Turkish smoking room – a real hidden gem!
- Seeing people surf on the river in Thun town centre.
- Watching the snow-capped mountain overlooking Interlaken gradually turn pink as the sun set.
- Eating rösti and chocolate, of course.
Thank you to everyone that met me and showed me around – it was a fantastic trip!