Coronavirus Update – Latest update: 29th July 2020
Venture Abroad Office – Update
In order to support Government advice our office is, unfortunately, temporarily closed and our staff are working from home.
However we can still be easily contacted. Most of our staff have their direct dial work phones at home or have an app to facilitate direct access. As usual all email mailboxes are still routed directly to individual staff members. If your enquiry is new or of a more general nature then please use our web enquiry form or simply email us at email@example.com
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) has recently lifted travel restrictions for many countries and details of this can be found here: ABTA Guide FCO Global Exempt Countries
We are currently contacting all groups with future planned tours to discuss options. We are doing this in chronological departure date order so we would ask you, please, to be patient whilst we complete this work.
For tours to countries with FCO restrictions still in place and with an imminent departure, we will firstly look to postpone your tour or offer an alternative (either a different destination or date). If you do not wish to accept this you will be entitled to a refund.
For tours to countries without FCO restrictions in place we will continue to progress arrangements. For us to do this it is important for groups to make their payments on time so we, in turn, can pay suppliers. We will also ensure that our suppliers will be following strict health guidelines and conforming to COVID-19 requirements applicable to their country.
We are, however, mindful of the problems facing groups and the worry to make further payments at this time. If this is the case we will assist you the best we can, hopefully, to transfer the booking to 2021. This will eliminate further immediate concerns and would mean that no further payments are due this year, as the payment schedule would move with the new dates.
If you choose this option we will work with you to find convenient dates and will try to maintain the current pricing. If, however, additional costs are inevitable, such as new flights or alternative accommodation, then we will discuss this with you before any commitment is made.
If your governing body or you decides to cancel your tour and the FCO has lifted the travel restriction to your destination, then our normal cancellation terms would apply. In this case we recommend that you contact us first as we may be able to recover sufficient costs from our suppliers that we are able to reduce your cancellation charges. Also, it may be worth checking if your association or unit has insurance to cover these irrecoverable cancellation fees.
Latest Advice from the Scout Association and Girlguiding
The Scout Association: www.scouts.org.uk/coronavirus