Now that the season seems like a distant memory and the winter nights are drawing in, what better time to reflect back on this summer’s sunny, adventure packed days? We hear from Venture Abroad Representative, Manon, about her highlights from spending six weeks in Adelboden, Switzerland.
1. Waking up to views like this…
I can guarantee that you will never get bored of turning a corner and seeing breath-taking waterfalls, rugged mountain peaks or shining lakes.
2. Getting to work with such a diverse range of people from all over the UK, meeting new people and making new friends.
I learned so much about Girl Guiding whilst I was away and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know a new group each week, even though it was hard to say goodbye at the end of their tour!
3. Sampling the Swiss delicacies on offer, especially the cheese and chocolate!
Fondue was a firm favourite in the VA rep household!
4. Getting involved and hands on with all the activities on offer with the groups.
Even though you’re hard at work making sure your groups have the best stay possible, there’s still time to have a go at the Adventure Park, take a ride up to the Jungfrau or eat chocolates in Interlaken!
5. Did I mention the breathtaking views
6. Staying in touch with the lovely Guide Leaders and your fellow VA Adelboden rep, and getting involved in reunion events back in the UK!