At Venture Abroad we are proud of our safety accreditations and whilst we recognise that not all of these will be directly applicable to your tour; attaining the accreditations across our company allows us to demonstrate our commitment to both safety and quality on all of our tours.
Introducing our latest accreditation...
We are extremely proud to announce the latest addition to our safety portfolio, the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge.
We have recently been awarded the quality badge allowing us to highlight and demonstrate further our commitment to safety and quality learning experiences outside of the classroom.
The DfE has worked in partnership with the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom to develop the LOtC Quality Badge. The badge provides for the first time a national accreditation combining the essential elements of provision - learning and safety - into one easily recognisable and trusted accreditation.
The Quality Badge is awarded to providers who have pledged to engage in an ongoing process to sustain high-quality learning outside the classroom and who have demonstrated that they meet six quality indicators, see below:
The Six LOtC Quality Indicators
- The provider has a process in place to assist users to plan the learning experience effectively;
- The provider provides accurate information about its offer;
- The provider provides activities, experience or resources which meet learner needs;
- The provider reviews the experience & acts upon feedback;
- The provider meets the needs of users; and
- The provider has safety management processes in place to manage risk effectively