- Tour Information
India Leaders Trip - Sangam
Saturday 5th – Monday 21st October 2013
*prices based on a minimum 20 passengers per departure
Venture Abroad are delighted to announce that in 2013 we will be running a once in a lifetime trip for Girl guiding UK leaders and members of the Trefoil Guild to Sangam, India.
Sangam WAGGGS World Centre
Saturday 5th - Saturday 19th October 2013
The programme at Sangam is a great way to learn about Indian culture with the opportunity to try Indian food, visit an outdoor market, go sari shopping, visit famous sites, whilst also living in an international Guiding and Scouting community. You will also celebrate Sangam’s 47th Birthday on World Sangam Day – October 16th!
Post Tour to Delhi & Agra
Friday 18th - Monday 21st October 2013
Stay an extra few days to discover India and all that it is famous for. The post tour begins in Delhi, where you will have a fully guided tour of the capital city and all its sights, sounds and smells, including a chance to ride a rickshaw. In Agra, you will enjoy a sunrise visit to the magnificent Taj Mahal and a tour of the impressive Agra Fort, before returning to Delhi and flying back to the UK.
Whether you have an individual interest in joining us, or you are a small group of friends, this trip will provide you with an opportunity to travel with fellow guiding friends, to discover the wonders of this truly inspirational country…
If you would like to travel to India at another time of year, please contact us for a bespoke quotation.
We arrived back to Birmingham airport on Monday evening, after a whistle stop tour of the highlights of Agra and Delhi over the weekend. A guided tour of Agra on Friday took in the massive Agra fort, beautiful Baby Taj and a marble factory where we were shown the techniques used on the Taj Mahal’s...Read more
How time flies! Our stay at Sangam is coming to an end, and we have just had the closing ceremony to mark it. I’ll take you back through the past few days since my last post. We have visited a number of community partners whom Sangam works closely with, including Tara Mobile Creche, Deep Griha...Read more
Hello! We have a jam packed programme at Sangam, but this afternoon there’s a bit of time to relax, take a dip in the pool, write some postcards, and I thought I’d come and fill you in on what’s been happening this week. Mumbai feels like a very long time ago, and the past few...Read more
Saturday 5th – Monday 21st October 2013
5th October 2013
- Fly from London Heathrow to Mumbai
- Stay overnight in a hotel in Mumbai
6th October 2013
- Enjoy a half day tour of Mumbai
- Travel by coach to Sangam, Pune
- Stay overnight at Sangam
7th - 17th October 2013
- Start the ten day “From Silver to Gold” programme at the WAGGGS World Centre Sangam.
- Celebrate Sangam’s 47th birthday on World Sangam Day – October 16th 2013.
- Experience birthday celebrations from around the world, and share experiences with Sangam's Community Partner organizations.
18th October 2013
- Fly from Pune to Delhi to start your post tour and stay overnight in a hotel in Delhi.
19th October 2013
- Enjoy a half day sightseeing tour of Old and New Delhi
- Travel by coach to Agra and stay overnight in a hotel in Agra.
20th October 2013
- Take part in an early morning sunrise tour of The Taj Mahal, followed by a half day tour of Agra Fort, Itmad-ud-Daulahand the marble factory.
- Travel back to Delhi by coach, and stay overnight in a hotel in Delhi.
21st October 2013
- Early morning return flight from Delhi to London Heathrow
Prices are based on full board accommodation whilst in Sangam, giving you greater flexibility when planning your activities, and half board accommodation on the Golden Triangle Tour.
Please contact us for details.
|Tour||Accomm||Board basis||Duration||Price per person|
|Sangam programme||Sangam||Full Board at Sangam
||Saturday 5th – Saturday 19th October 2013||£1,799|
|Sangam PLUS Post Tour||Sangam & 3* Hotels||Full Board at Sangam
Half Board in Agra and Delhi
|Saturday 5th – Monday 21st October 2013||£2,199|
Please note that this price is based on a minimum of 25 people
If you would like to travel to India with your Guide or Senior Section group at another time of year, please contact us for a bespoke quotation.
- Return scheduled flights from the UK into Mumbai and out of Delhi including taxes and ticketing fees
- 1 night’s bed and breakfast accommodation on arrival in Mumbai (twin bedded rooms)
- Coach transfer from Mumbai to Pune
- All programming at Sangam and fees required for excursions during your stay
- 12 nights’ full board accommodation at Sangam in dormitory style rooms
- Internal flight from Pune to Delhi
- 2 nights’ half board accommodation in Delhi and 1 night’s half board accommodation in Agra in twin bedded rooms
- Tour highlights to include guided tours of Delhi and Agra and a visit to the Taj Mahal
- Services of a Venture Abroad Representative in resort
- 24 hour Emergency Assistance during your tour
- Itinerary planning and all visit and activity arrangements
What they said
Share Girl Guiding Birmingham’s experiences of India - and specifically the programme at Sangam WAGGGS World Centre.
“Overall, our tour to India was a superb experience. We were pleased that so much of the programme at Sangam involved visits to their Community Partners to see some of the amazing work that is being done; the whole thing was very inspiring. Seeing so many aspects of the culture of India was really interesting and we all felt that we had seen far more than if we had just gone to India for a holiday. Sangam is one of the four World Centres owned and operated by The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts. A superb trip, very inspiring.”
Learn More About Our Leaders Trips...
Over the years, our leaders’ trips have proven to be a huge success! Trips to Switzerland and most recently Mexico, are all excellent examples of the memorable and inspiring trips we have operated to date.
See what our ladies had to say about their leaders’ trip experiences:Annette Bowden
Brilliant, A superb way to experience another World Centre. Thank You - A fantastic time, friendly and full of fun and lots of laughs. I’ve visited three world centres - one to go - Sangam India!Wendy Summers
Wonderful memories and friends made on a trip of a lifetime. Saving for the next trip now!Alison Godbold
Thank you so much for organising such a wonderful trip. We all had such a fantastic time and have memories that will last a lifetime.
Working in the Community
Our leaders trip to Sangam also offers you the opportunity to experience working together as part of the international guiding movement, and discover how much you can achieve by supporting a community action project. Build friendships of a lifetime as you work in teams to support Sangam and its community partners.
Ask one of our activity consultants for further details
The Sangam building is of warm, red brick with white trim, white pillars and an arched roof. The building surrounds an inner courtyard with swaying trees and an inviting swimming pool. The gardens, flowers and trees help to give Sangam an atmosphere of cool tranquillity. Sangam can accommodate up to 8 people in each of its 5 dormitories and 12-20 people in single, double or triple rooms depending on the time of year. Single room supplements may apply.