- Tour Information
Croatia - Pula
*prices based on a minimum of 30 passengers per departure
If the stunning coastline, calm Adriatic waters, intriguing culture and rich history isn’t quite enough to entice you, then add in a wealth of exhilarating activities and a variety of unforgettable excursions and we believe you have the perfect destination for an extraordinary Scout Holiday – Welcome to Pula, Croatia!
With its beautiful Roman architecture, medieval churches, and Italian buildings, there is plenty to see and do in Pula - make sure you take the time to visit the magnificent Roman Amphitheater! With the beautiful city of Venice accessible via a catamaran journey across the Adriatic waters, it would be a shame not to fill a day pack and head off to explore the famous sights of the city.
Croatia is a haven for water based activities and is the perfect destination for any Scout looking to try their hand at a variety of watersports. Travel the short distance to Premantura where the warm shallow waters of the Istrian Coast makes the ideal spot for beginners to don their snorkeling equipment and explore the sea bed below. For those more adventurous members of your group, why not opt for a Scuba Diving excursion?
Our Team's Top Activities...
Diving is a great activity to do anywhere in the world and here, amidst the warm shallow waters of the Istrian Coast, is the perfect spot for beginners. A half day excursion combines a brief theory lesson with your instructor, before taking to the sea to discover the underwater world that surrounds you.
After a two hour session, your group will be skimming the seas of Premantura, the southern most village on the Istrian peninsula, and taking advantage of the many winds that come in from the northern Adriatic. With flat-waters and choppy seas to choose from, this is the perfect activity for all groups and ability levels.
There are a diversity of activities and excursions to choose from, endless boat trips and lots to explore in and around the historic city of Pula. All activities can be booked prior to your trip and your group can choose from:
- River rafting
- Postojna Caves and Lipica Stud Farm
- Brijuni Islands National
- Pula Aquarium
- Day trip to Venice
The tour includes breakfast, packed lunch and evening meal daily.
|July & August 2015||Youth Hostel||Full Board||8/7||£629|
- ATOL protected return flights from London Stansted or Birmingham; flights from other UK airports can be arranged on request and for a supplement
- One piece of checked hold baggage per person, subject to airline weight and dimension restrictions
- One piece of hand baggage per person, subject to airline weight and dimension restrictions
- Low-Cost airline check-in, baggage fees and other charges (excluding excess baggage)
- All government and third party taxes and charges
- Return airport transfers from Trieste Airport to Pula
- 7 nights full board accommodation at the Youth Hostel in Pula in bungalows.
- Services of a Venture Abroad Representative in resort
- Full tour and itinerary planning
- 1 x drawstring bag per passenger
- Luggage labels for the group plus payment cards on request
- VAT (at current rate) on tour operator’s margin (non-reclaimable)
- No currency surcharges (guaranteed upon confirmation of booking)
- The reassurance of an externally audited safety management system and the security of our 24-hour emergency contact service throughout your tour
This sample itinerary is an example only and is provided as inspiration for your discussions with your group.
- Day 1: Travel to Pula arriving in time for an evening meal at Youth Hostel
- Day 2: After breakfast at the Youth Hostel you could spend the day exploring the city of Pula and the stunning beach. Your day can include a guided tour through which you will discover the largest Istrian city in all its glory. You will have the opportunity to see all the beauties of this three thousand year old town - the Forum, the Arena and the famous 'Kaštel' on the hill, which houses a large war museum. The remainder of evening will be at leisure.
- Day 3: This morning could be spend snorkeling. With the help of an experienced instructor you will take a boat trip out into the ocean to swim in the crystal clear waters to see what you can find. Why not combine your snorkeling excursion with biking or hiking around Kamenjak in the afternoon. Spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure around the Youth Hostel where you will find activities such as trampolining, table tennis or hire a pedalo.
- Day 4: Take a day trip to Venice where you can admire the magnificent sites such as the Basilica of San Marco, mausoleum of Venice's patron saint, the Doges' Palace, and the Accademia.
Day 5: Today, why not make the most of the water by trying your hand at Windsurfing and Scuba Diving?
- Day 6: Today you could visit the Marine Biology School which offers adventure boat trips out to the natural grotto. The trip lasts two hours so there is still plenty of time to do something adventurous in the afternoon such as a biking tour of the peninsula.
- Day 7: Take a day trip to Postojna Caves & Lipica Stud Farm. Discover the underground caves with a ride on a small train during which you will hear stories about this spectacular underground world. Once back above ground, why not visit the original home of the Lipizzaner horse at Lipica Stud Farm.
- Day 8: It's time to say goodbye to Croatia and head back to the UK.
Every group will receive our brand new Fun Files Booklet free of charge – find out more!
Please note that we can be flexible on the above dates, contact us for a tailor-made quotation.
Pula Youth Hostel
With the beautiful pebble beach right on your doorstep and the historical town centre just 3km away, there isn't a more perfect base than this youth hostel. Local attractions range from Pula's Roman Ampitheatre to the Brijuni Island National Park, whilst nearby activities include pedaloes, hiking and watersports. All meals are included and can be taken either in the dedicated picnic area, or onto the beach where spectacular views of the bay make it a perfect location to relax and enjoy the Croatian sun.