Venture Abroad is a leading specialist group tour operator, developing, selling and operating tours designed specifically for members of The Scout Association, Girlguiding UK and The Trefoil Guild. We also have a sister company, Rayburn Tours, which specialises in Educational Tours, Concert Tours and Ski Tours.
We employ people within a range of business functions including sales, operations, administration, marketing, business development, finance, IT and customer relations. All of these positions are based at our office in Derby. In addition we regularly employ Tour Couriers on an ad hoc temporary basis.
Sales & Events Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for a competent administrator to join the Venture Abroad team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the sales team with the preparation and administration of sales quotations, travel itineraries and responding to customer enquiries. In addition, they will support the operations team with administration support for their events as well as assisting the marketing team with social media. The role would suit a strong communicator with good organisational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to travel to some of the destinations in our portfolio, either with our groups as a courier or with colleagues, to gain an insight to our tours, venues and excursions by experiencing them in person.Based at our Head Office in Derby, the position is a temporary contract working full-time hours (37.5 hours per week).
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time and co-ordinate priorities effectively.
- Confident and polite telephone manner.
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
- An interest in travel.
- Scout & Guiding knowledge.
- Experience of event management.
- Good knowledge of different social media platforms.
- Fluency in German or French
- A basic salary of £13,000 - £14,500 (dependent upon experience) plus a completion bonus of £1,000 at the end of the contract).
- 24 days holiday per year in addition to all public holidays.
- Cycle to Work, Childcare Voucher and Healthcare Cashback schemes.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this vacancy, please post or e-mail a copy of your current CV along with a covering letter, stating:
- Your current role and salary
- Where you saw this vacancy advertised
- Why you are a suitable candidate for this position
Applications should be addressed to Katie Boyden and posted to:
Rayburn Tours Ltd
37 Brunel Parkway
or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the position title in the subject header).
Closing date: Friday 23rd January 2015
Rayburn Tours' Vacancies
For further vacancies at Rayburn Tours please see the Rayburn Tours Careers page.