Venture Abroad is a leading specialist group tour operator, developing, selling and operating tours designed specifically for members of The Scout Association, Girlguiding UK and The Trefoil Guild. We also have a sister company, Rayburn Tours, which specialises in Educational Tours, Concert Tours and Ski Tours.
We employ people within a range of business functions including sales, operations, administration, marketing, business development, finance, IT and customer relations. All of these positions are based at our office in Derby. In addition we regularly employ Tour Couriers on an ad hoc temporary basis.
Activity Tours Sales Consultant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Consultant to join our Venture Abroad team. After initial training, the successful candidate will be responsible for selling tours to a variety of destinations. The main duties are:
- Taking enquiries from clients via telephone, e-mail, our website or in person.
- Advising clients of the best solutions to their requirements.
- Compiling profitable and attractive quotations for clients and ensuring regular contact is maintained throughout the process.
- Liaising with airlines, accommodation centres and other suppliers.
- Carrying out sales visits/presentations to the Party Leader and/or group; these may include face-to-face meetings with leaders and parents’ evenings.
- Researching and undertaking destination and accommodation inspection trips (in the UK and overseas) where appropriate.
- Assisting in developing tours to new destinations and occasionally accompanying groups on tour.
It is expected that the successful candidate will regularly undertake client visits and attend sales events. This will require flexibility as clients are located throughout the UK and visits may take place during evenings or at weekends.
There are fluctuations to the pattern of tours that we sell and operate and consequently there will be peak periods throughout the year when additional hours may need to be worked in order to complete the workload. We also operate an out-of-hours emergency telephone which is covered by staff on a rotational basis during the periods that our groups are on tour. All Sales Consultants take part in the Emergency Phone Rota however, you are not be expected to have responsibility of this until full training has been completed.
There will be opportunities to travel to the destinations that we offer through inspection visits and familiarisation trips as well as accompanying groups as a courier or observer.
It is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday) based at our Head Office in Derby. The start date is immediate and is therefore dependent upon the successful candidate’s notice period.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a sales environment
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Driving licence
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of the travel industry
- An interest in travel
- An interest in Scouting/Guiding
- A basic salary of £18,000 - £24,000 (dependent upon experience)
- A commission scheme based on individual sales (OTE £2,000 - £5,000)
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Cycle to Work, Childcare Voucher and Healthcare Cashback schemes
HOW TO APPLY
Please post or email a copy of your CV along with a covering letter stating:
- Your current role and salary
- Where you saw this vacancy advertised
- Why you are a suitable candidate for this position
Applications should be addressed to Katie Boyden and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the position title in the subject header) or posted to:
Director & General Manager
Rayburn Tours Ltd
37 Brunel Parkway
Closing date: 1st August 2015
Interviews will take place on 10th and 11th August 2015
2nd interviews will take place on 26th August 2015
Rayburn Tours' Vacancies
For further vacancies at Rayburn Tours please see the Rayburn Tours Careers page.